Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Gambling on '69s

I gambled on a couple of 1969 lots from a seller on eBay. They just showed a pile of cards so you couldn't really tell what was in them. There were several lots of baseball cards from 1969 and 1970, 50 for $10 shipped. There was also one lot like that for football. I got the football lot and one baseball lot.

I gambled on the baseball lot because I didn't have the card on the top of the pile, the '69 Willie Horton All Star. As it turns out, it wasn't a great gamble because I only needed two other of the 50 cards. However one of those was the '69 Bob Gibson so that salvages it.

Here are the '69s to trade. No biggies.

Some better cards available from 1970

I did quite a bit better on the football lot. Here are the commons.

Some big stars I pulled out (though not the biggest). Didn't realize at the time I took the photo that the Csonka is his rookie card, and worth quite a bit more than I would have thought.
I have some '69s already, plus there was some duplication. I ended up with 14 cards to trade - I think a blogger or two is working on this set? Some big names below available including two George Blandas.
I'm a Giants fan but this is the card I was most excited about. My first vintage Joe Namath! This card is a big deal, and to get it in a twenty-cent-a-card lot is pretty amazing, especially considering the other star power in this lot, definitely worth the gamble.


7 comments:

  1. Geez, that football lot sure was something! There's no way you'd ever find that Namath on it's own for just twenty cents.

    If the Tenace/Blue and Boog leaders is still available, I'd be interested in both of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the baseball lot was worth it for the Gibson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck of a deal. I have a list of '69 FB needs on my site. Let me know what's available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool ... I need that Tenace-Blue but looks like it was claimed. I'll see if there's any '69s I need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will put in for the '69 Jim Weaver and Ray Oyler.

    ReplyDelete