Sunday, August 28, 2022

Getting my Roof done on TCDB

As I slowly but surely input all my cards for trade onto TCDB, I haven't been actively seeking out trades, but occasionally have someone reach out to me. I find that junk-wax-era copyright variations have a definite appeal to that crowd. In a simple one-for-one trade, I was able to turn a 1987 Topps Glossy All Star Dave Winfield into a 1973 Topps high number need, because there were two asterisks on the back of the Winfield instead of one. Thank you Bldrprof for this one.




4 comments:

  1. As a catchers guy, that's a terrific card. Good Job!👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's participated in a few Time Travel Trades with me. Good guy. Didn't realize the junk wax variations were so popular - I might have to go through mine and actually sort them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, I've been clicking randomly on a box for the ticky-tack junk wax back variations because I can't stare at cards that much. I guess if someone wants to trade with me for them I'll need to figure out if I actually have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that people talk about those variations a lot in their forums, certainly more than one would think, so I'm not really surprised to hear that people are still actively seeking them out as well.

    ReplyDelete