Thursday, December 16, 2021

Vintage/modern lot

I took a small gamble on a little lot of vintage and modern cards. About 130 cards for about a dime each. I did OK.

This was one of those lots where they just take a photo of a loose pile of cards and you try to guess what is in there. The lot was about a quarter vintage, mostly 1970s with just a bit from the 1960s.

I knew the '63 Adcock would be in there. There were only two other 60's cards. I knew there would be a '68 card and it turned out to be one I needed. And there was a '65 in there too. Now that I know to look at the backs of any '65-'67's, I was rewarded by discovering an O-Pee-Chee!

I was less lucky with the 70's, all cards I had already. Still, there were in pretty good shape so will be good for trading.

Most of the lot was modern cards, and pretty good ones at that. Most of the cards I needed. They kind of fit into four categories.

Star cards from base sets. The Reggie from '82 Topps Traded I need; the rest I had already. After I took the photo I realized the '99 Lofton is a "Rediscover Topps". I don't collect those if anyone is interested in it.

Star cards from other types of sets (A&G, Heritage, etc). I rarely get Clemente cards so I was particularly happy to get this one.
Inserts. Some fun cards here.
Parallels. Lots of fun colors and variations.
Lots of shiny cards in this lot!

A few others I particularly enjoyed. I'm not much of a comic book guy and I never cared for Piazza but I like that card. The Ali/Norton flyer is a nice touch for the Yankee Stadium legacy set; imagine those posted all over NY in 1976. And the "Ballpark Heroes" is a nice idea, though the SUV in the background doesn't look like it comes from Cobb's era.





3 comments:

  1. I think that's a great deal for 10 cents a card. 1965 OPC, parallels, stars, I'd be pleased with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That '68 Rodgers is an excellent card. Don't think I've ever seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be a lot going on in the background of that Rodgers card. I suppose now I'll have to go see who can be identified back there.

    ReplyDelete