Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Good cards for the price

Lately I've acquired a few vintage lots that were right around my limit of $0.25 a card. For the first time in a long time I was able to get one well below that limit - 100 cards for $16 shipped. I think that's a blip, not a start of a trend, but it was nice to get even if I had 85 of the cards already.

Here are the cards I needed:

Claude Osteen brings me to needing just two non-high numbered commons for my '73 set (Glenn Borgmann and Cesar Cedeno). Got two high numbered needs as well.

1970 needs. The bottom four are high numbers. I still need most of the highs from this set.

1969 needs. Joe Pep and Merritt are high numbers. I love the red batting glove.

These were the reason I bid on this lot despite not needing most of the cards. 1960 team cards of the Braves and Yankees, these don't go for cheap, especially the Yankees card. Very hard to tell (I cheated and looked at a '59 team photo on line) but Mantle is second from left on top. The Braves card is even worse, you'd need a magnifying glass to see anything but Aaron is third from right on top.

On to the trade bait!

1973. These are in pretty good shape. Laboy is a high number.

1970. These are pretty good conditioned as well. I believe there are a couple of you who collect color-shift printing errors like the Jay Johnstone. Bottom row are high numbers.
'69s. These are definitely rougher but as always I'll trade you my better-conditioned copy. Bottom row are high numbers.
Last group. The '66 Boyer is in better shape than the '68s.




5 comments:

  1. 16 cents a card with high numbers is a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in all of the bottom-row 1970 Topps cards except for Mike Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got my copy of that Yankees team card out of a 25¢ box, and it's in about the same condition of yours.

    If no one else has claimed it yet, I'd love to have the Jay Johnstone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a terrific vintage deal.

    ReplyDelete