Thursday, December 9, 2021

'62s and more

I took advantage of combined shipping to snag a '62 lot and a little mixed lot from an eBay seller. Sometimes the low grade lots are pretty decent. This was not one of those times.

21 from 1962 and I needed ten of them. I'd never had a Babe Ruth Special card so I'm glad to have one, though I'd ideally like to upgrade to the whole card at some point. Still, what I have looks pretty nice. Other highlights include Billy Pierce, Johnny Podres, Whitey Herzog, and Gino Cimoli's hair.

'62s to trade. I've actually swapped out the Ralph Terry for the one in my collection that had writing all over it. In most other cases I have better-conditioned versions to trade.

Combined shipping enabled me to pick up a little mixed lot as well. Here are some of the keepers. Nellie Fox is of course the big one here, but any time you can pick up a cheap '63 Fleer, you have to do it.

Also four '61's I needed, including a second-year Frank Howard.

Only three cards in this lot I had already, more "trade bait".





1 comment:

  1. It would be nice to know the story behind Babe losing the bottom half of his card.

    ReplyDelete