Sunday, April 30, 2023

TCDB trade: plevin

I got a fun variety of cards in a trade with TCDBer plevin. He's an Oriole fan which is why a lot of these cards are of Orioles.

There were a few hits to my 2023 Topps set, as well as lots of fun oddballs.
Here are a few of my favorites. The judge card of David Justice is great. Aaron Judge may be the best jurist to play for the Yankees, but he hasn't yet hit a home run as big as the one Justice hit in Game 6 of the 2000 ALCS. I like those two Rangers cards - apparently Bowman brought back the Heritage concept with the 1953 design. A couple of Ben McDonald Broders are fun - the blue background pops more than you'd expect in person. My favorite just might be the Gregg Olson stadium giveaway card from 1989. It may be hard to read in the photo: "Compliments of French-Bray, Incorporated, Wilcox Walter Furlong Paper Co." That has to be one of the most obscure businesses to sponsor a baseball card. It was a local Baltimore-area printer that went out of business a few years later.



3 comments:

  1. I have to get more of those Bowman Heriatge '53 recreations. Also, it's been a while since I've seen any Collect-A-Books. Used to have a bunch of them when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One could almost say that that David Justice card is a Classic :)

    ReplyDelete