Sunday, April 2, 2023

Terrific package from Baseball Card Breakdown

Now that my tradelist is completely on TCDB, I've used it to do something I wasn't able to do well before, targeting the PCs of longtime trade partners. Because I organize my cards by set, it was difficult to do PC trades systematically before TCDB. I did one such trade with Baseball Card Breakdown, helping him out with many of his PCs.

He sent me back a really terrific package with a ton of variety. There were well over 100 cards of all kinds - parallels, oddballs, inserts, etc.

Lots of shiny cards!
Two minor league sets. I don't have much from 1986 ProCards, so those Asheville Tourists cards were new to me. I already had the 1987 ProCards St. Petersburg Cardinals set though. Amazingly, in all the cards Gavin sent,  I only had two other cards in the whole package, which is a phenomenal ratio for a blind trade.
Vintage oddballs! Three 1965 embossed and a 1976 OPC.
Three Yankee autographs! Phelps and Refsnyder weren't stars, but were serviceable Yankees for several years. Michael O'Neill was Paul O'Neill's nephew, had a long minor league career but never reached the majors.
This was by far the most unusual card in the set, maybe my favorite. Gavin PCs Mike Reinbach, who had a brief MLB career and was much more successful in Japan. He sent me this 1976 Calbee card of Reinbach, making it my first ever vintage Japanese card!
Here is the back. Unfortunately, I don't read Japanese so I don't know what it says, nor do I know anything about the flag.


7 comments:

  1. Lots of great stuff. Good to see Gavin is still sending out trade packages like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Reinbach is very cool. Love that Hanshin Tigers jersey that he is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like and thanks again for the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of variety here. I didn't know about Gavin's Reinbach collection. It must be some collection too for him to have had an extra Calbee laying around.

    ReplyDelete