Sunday, April 2, 2023

TCDB roundup

 Ain't aint56cool cool? He sent me a dozen awesome cards. Half of them are vintage needs . . .

. . . and half of them were modern minor league needs. I like how the clouds behind Biggio and Caminiti are in almost the same spot, but not exactly the same.
Joy of a completed set - 2016 Topps! Thanks to BobbyL, who knocked off my last two '16 needs. Somehow a Yankees common card was one of them. And the '17s he sent whittle that wantlist down to three rookie cards: #433 Haniger, #536 Mancini, and #604 Cecchini.
I've really been enjoying the Heritage Flashback inserts, and got five of them from philhigh. Three were from 2022, including Nolan Ryan wearing eyeblack (are there other pitchers who did that?) and a tennis news flashback I liked because the focal point of the photo is the refreshments table, with the game in the distant background.
Two other News Flashbacks from the more somber year of 1968.
Finally, bearsbaseballcards sent me some 2022 needs. Some big names on those league leaders cards.

 

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I feel like I have a lot of Flashback inserts. I should upload those to trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of these days I'll get back into my dupes boxes and pull those flashbacks out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for all those flashback series in the Hertiage sets. Really cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your completed set!

    ReplyDelete