Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Knocking out recent set needs with TCDB

I recently put my wantlists for recent Topps sets into TCDB, and got flooded with offers. Without really trying too, I'm knocking out my 2018-2022 sets. I imagine once I do 2023 they'll get knocked out quickly as well. 

I just opened this package from JustinBobo77. Will have to double-check but this might be all my 2022 Series I needs. Some really big names in there. One big name from 2020 as well.

Another large package, this one 2021 focused, came from GWSeier_Tigers.
BLWinborn40 knocked off a few cards from five different sets.
I managed to add a few older, more interesting oddballs in a trade with Abebauman.
A couple of other trades hit more varied modern needs. Thanks to Chris the Collector for clueing me in on the great cards Jeff Russell had in the Rangers Mothers Cookies sets, resulting in me adding them to my TCDB wantlists. Most of these other cards were set completion needs, but that Smoltz card with the accordion is another fun photo. These came from d7lane.
Last trade of this post was with SofaKing. I have 1986 Sportflics on my wantlist because this set from my childhood is still sofa king fun.


5 comments:

  1. Love that Russell card. Now I have to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see another blogger who has an appreciation for 1986 Sportflics. I remember buying the "high end" packs back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to think that it would still be fairly easy to trade for modern wants, but might get more difficult in a few years depending on how things go with Fanatics.

    ReplyDelete