Thursday, April 6, 2023

Chris Clawson on baseball cards

Outfielder Chris Clawson played in the Braves and Astros organizations from 1984 to 1986. In 156 games he hit 234 with 10 HR and 52 RBI. He has gone on to a long career in the fitness industry, including serving as the CEO of Life Fitness. He is now an Industry Partner at the private equity firm Maxim Partners. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players? I had a mustache for a very short time in my life, but it has become part of my baseball history since being captured for all-time on my 1986 Asheville Tourists card.  


 - Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? Favorite card without a doubt is Tim Arnsberg (see below) pinching a dip from his Copenhagen can


 - Do you collect baseball cards? I do collect cards, but mostly 1950’s-1980’s  Both my boys collect and have the newer stuff and tons of late 80’s thru 2000’s that friends have given them.

Thanks!




1 comment:

  1. It seems like it's been a while since you last did one of these. I'm glad you haven't stopped.

    ReplyDelete