Monday, June 6, 2022

Freddy Sandoval on baseball cards

Third baseman Freddy Sandoval played seven seasons in the Angels organization, including stints in the major leagues in 2008 and 2009. He played in 11 games in the majors and 634 games in the minors, where he hit .292 with 46 HR and 359 RBI. He is now a baseball coach and a life coach with a psychology degree, and has written the book Mentally Strong: 7 Steps to Becoming the Best Version of Yourself. He kindly replied to my questions about baseball cards with some stories and photos.

"There was a card from 2007 Futures Game that was misprinted. It's kind of a cool thing because not a lot of people get to be a part of Topps and Bowman and all the cool cards. It feels great to be on a baseball card but also to have a misprint is pretty awesome. Some of the cards were printed with Craig Stansberry's signature, and I believe some of his were printed with mine.


One of my favorites is my rookie card from when I was still in college and then a rookie card from Topps which is one of my favorites."


Thanks!




1 comment: