Tuesday, November 23, 2021

A nice door prize

I recently won the door prize from the Collector's Crack World Series contest. He sent me a really nice selection of Yankees cards, just about all "hits" of various kinds, like parallels and inserts.

Here are most of the cards. Some I chose to highlight were a recent card of Dave Winfield as a Yankee, something I haven't seen that often, a card of Corey Kluber as a Yankee (his no-hitter was one of the few highlights for the team this season), and a very shiny Chrome parallel of Luke Voit.

Many people consider these to be hits; personally, the stamping does not turn them into new cards. So, I am happy to trade these to anyone who collects buybacks. Maybe someone is working on a '78 buyback set?

But these are unquestionably hits. Autographs of Yankee prospects who didn't make it (well, Acevedo did, just not with the Yankees) and some big name relics.

Remember the old trifecta? Autographed card, relic card and rookie card of the same person. I now have that with Tony Clark, and in a rather unique way as I have signed versions of both his Topps and Score rookie cards. It's my first trifecta of someone I've interviewed for the blog, which for me makes it even cooler.



4 comments:

  1. For the buybacks, you can always see whether Shoebox Legends needs them for his buyback Frankenset. It occurs to me that he hasn't posted for quite a while--I hope everything's all right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoebox has gone the youtube route, so he's still around (I can't watch videos about cards unless it's a box break I'm involved in). He has my '75 Nolan Ryan buyback!!!!

      Delete
  2. I know relics don't receive a lot of love from collectors these days, but the Bazooka Blast relics from the mid 2000's are really attractive. Congratulations on completing the Clark trifecta and winning the door prize in Collector's Crack's contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd say that that was a pretty good prize. He did a really good job of tailoring it to at least one of your interests.

    ReplyDelete