Thursday, November 11, 2021

Fun variety from Night Owl

Trades with Night Owl are always great. I happened to have some nice-conditioned '78s for his upgrade so I sent them his way. My last few trades with him, I never know what's coming back but it's always something good. Here's what I got this time.

Starting off with some '21 set needs, led by Luke Voit.

A couple of 90's set needs. Down to just three left for '93 Pinnacle. I really like that photo of Manny Ramirez at dusk at Yankee Stadium before a game, with the fans nearby, including one in a Don Mattingly jersey. Manny grew up near Yankee Stadium and always had a lot of fans at the game, even when he was with Boston.

Finally, some vintage cards in a variety of shapes and sizes. It's always exciting to get an oversized Topps card from the mid-1950s. That's a Mike Sandlock from 1954. There's also a '61 Fleer of Joe "Hippo" Vaughn, and a '70 OPC Art Shamsky on the top row. Below are some smaller cards. The '75 mini Herb Washington looks normal sized next to some red-white-and blue bicentennial Hostess and Kellogg's cards, appropriate for Veterans Day.





3 comments:

  1. Some good stuff there in the vintage portion. I hadn't heard of Mike Sand lock before, nice looking card though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping I still had that Ramirez for you, I wasn't sure, and I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff - that is an awesome Manny card!

    ReplyDelete