Thursday, February 15, 2024

Britt Reames on baseball cards

Britt Reames pitched six seasons in the major leagues for the Cardinals, Expos, A's and Pirates. His best season was 2000, when he went 2-1 with a 2.88 ERA, and was 1-0 with a 0.93 ERA in the playoffs. Overall in 101 games he went 7-13 with a 5.28 ERA. Now the Head Baseball Coach at Oceanside Collegiate Academy in Mount Pleasant, SC, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I am not a card collector..

I still enjoy getting cards in the mail to sign and try to sign and send all back to senders.

My favorite cards of myself are from when I was with the St. Louis Cardinals -  rookie card."

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I don't recall him. 6 years in the bigs, glad he is still doing baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to hear from guys who still appreciate signing cards through the mail.

    ReplyDelete