Sunday, October 15, 2023

Yankees box

Here are some highlights from the Yankees box I got at the card show. There were lots of fun cards in those three boxes, I could have picked another 400 easily. Here are some of the most interesting.

There were lots of minor league cards in those boxes. That fantastic Dennis Twombley card I've wanted for a long time, I think I first saw it on Nick's blog. Certainly a nice surprise to find it in a dime box. There were some other fun cards in that set too.

This card made me laugh. AAAAAAA!
Mark Shifflett with two cards showing him Suttoning with shades. Bonus points for the card where the pitching coach has a bat.
I'd never seen Little Sun cards before, though I'd heard of them. That Andy Fox card is fun, and I love the very '90s design on Tray Nelson.
Lots of Brien Taylor's. Some dark shades here too. He autographed a lot of product in his day, and I guess it's just dime box fodder now. I remember getting a Topps one from Al a few years ago.
I like the old TCMA sets that were clearly set with a typewriter.  This one featured the Yankee teams of 1936-1939 that won four straight World Series.
Some more great newer cards of vintage players. That Hank Bauer card saluting his military service is very cool. The Jim Bouton photo is interesting with the banner in the background. Funny to see a card celebrating Harmonica Phil Linz as a Yankee Classic. And finally a fantastic Scooter card that I think I also first saw on blogs, that was another fun surprise.

Finally, four great cards from the 1998 Metal set with some NYC landmarks. Can't remember which ones I had already and I haven't checked yet, but they really look great together.




2 comments:

  1. I know that Brien Taylor signed a lot of cards back then, but even so, I don't recall ever hearing about anyone finding one in a dime box. And I think that it's even more amazing that it would've been in one... in New York! I really dig that TCMA set, I definitely would've bought any of those for a dime.

    ReplyDelete