Friday, October 13, 2023

Belted by Best Bubble Bob

Bob of The Best Bubble is back blogging and sending stuff out to bloggers. The most recent thing I got from him is certainly unusual. It seems Bob sent some cards to a guy who makes belts out of baseball cards, and have them make some belts for me and some other bloggers. If you are interested the site is called CardBelts.com. Very generous of Bob to do this!

Here is my belt. Lots of Yankees cards and a few other cards with fun photos.

Here's my favorite grouping of cards, with the Yankees winning the 1998 World Series, Oscar Azocar's classic bats-and-ball card, Jose Rijo with a water gun, and Roberto Kelly - blowing a bubble, of course!
The backs of the cards are visible on the back, meaning the belt is basically as thick as a (laminated) baseball card. So it's meant more as a cool decoration for card shelves rather than something to actually wear, I assume. That's how I will use it, anyway. The front of the belt, however, is reinforced by extra cards, finally finding a good use for 2021 Panini cards.
Thanks Bob for this generous and unique item!


2 comments: