Monday, October 16, 2023

Big OBC welcome package from Kent Goto

I've been receiving a lot of nice "welcome to OBC" PWEs from members of the group, and have been putting them into more-or-less weekly posts consolidating my incoming cards. This huge package from veteran member Kent Goto was so massive, however, that it needs it's own post.

The majority of the package was Post cards. Here are the 1961 cards. Five of these players would go on to manager World Series champions.

1962 Post. Some Hall of Famers in here.
1963 Post. I like the fancy border cutting on some of these.
A complete 10-card set of the very obscure 1970 Washington Senators Traffic Safety set!
Some 1960s and early 1970s Topps set needs.
Finally, 13 hits to my 1969 set including a couple of big-time Hall of Famers. With this and my card show pickups, I am 25 cards away from finishing this set, almost all stars and high-numbers.


4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of those Senators traffic safety cards. They're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some kid was creating die-cut parallels with his '63 Post cards long before die-cut parallels were even a thing.

    ReplyDelete