Saturday, October 7, 2023

Recent incoming

A nice eclectic assortment of cards that has hit the mailbox over the past few days . . . 

Starting with another decently priced low-grade eBay lot. Most of these fifties cards I needed, including Keystone Combo with Fox and Aparicio.

I don't think I needed many of these 60s cards, except for Ozzie Virgil's dad. Some pretty good trade bait in the top left corner. I think a blogger or two still needs that Uecker? This was a low grade lot but some were much better than others.
Had all of these 70s cards. Some big stars though. Low condition so that might turn some bloggers off, but my favorite thing about OBC is that they love low condition cards like I do, so I can always find someone there who can use them.
Another eBay lot. Score Gold Reserve is one of my favorite parallel sets. This set me back about $1 and cost the seller $5 to ship in a padded envelope.
Moving on to TCDB. (There was also a package from a blogger this week but I'll give that it's own post.) A mixture of baseball oddballs and 80s Topps football from jc645. '86 Topps football was the first sports card set I collected, so those are always special to me.
Three '89 Topps variations to djauwerda89 netted me three fun cards, two of them Yankees.
On to OBC. Some of these were trades of some sort, but most were welcome packages. This one could be considered a trade. Mike Diamanti collects coffee-related advertising so I sent him some matchbooks. In return he surprised me with six 1978 Yankees Burger King cards, and two non-sport cards that I can't find much about online, but were made by a German chocolate company around 1910.
Dan Williams sent me some cards, I sent him some back, and he returned the favor with two sets that couldn't be more different, a 1950s classic and a 1990s parallel.
Similar story for Joe Stout, whose envelope this time contained three 1957s and nine high-numbered 1965s.
Greg Conway sent a great welcome package, a 1950s sampler.
Mike Rich struck again with four 1964 Topps Giants.
James Moleta sent a '64 Giant too, as well as some 70's Hostess and some '67 Topps needs.
Finally, a brightly-colored four-spot of 1958 Topps from Jim Craig.


3 comments:

  1. There is just too much in some of these posts for my tiny brain to take in! I do think that that was a really good deal on that Gold Rush lot though. I consider those to be one of the better 90's baseball parallels.

    ReplyDelete