Sunday, November 20, 2022

Baseball card story from Ritchie Moody

The second round pick of the Texas Rangers in 1992, Ritchie Moody pitched six seasons in the team's minor league system. In 101 games (12 starts), he went 6-16 with 30 saves and a 3.91 ERA. Now the owner of a real estate investment company in Dayton, OH, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I think hearing Billy Ripken telling us about the f face card. I did the next year a card with a catchers mitt on. All in good humor of course. I think it was my AAA card."


 Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one from my collection.


3 comments:

  1. Nice to see him doing okay after baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so dense that I wouldn't even have noticed him holding a catcher's mitt had it not been pointed out to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Jon... I never would have caught that without someone pointing it out. But it's cool that players do stuff like this. Turns a common into something a collector can write a blog post about.

      Delete