Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Breaking the rules for the Babe

These broke my quarter-a-card vintage rule; I payed about a buck a card for the lot. Still, if you can't break the rules for Babe Ruth, who can you break them for?

Four of these are from the '62 set. They're a little ragged, but intact. More than I could say for the one card I had in this set previously. "Farewell Speech" here is an upgrade from the other one I got recently. That card is too poor to even go on my tradelist, but if anyone (US only) wants it I'll send it to them for free.

There were two other cards in the lot. One was just the 100th birthday card from the '95 base set, which I had already. But the other one, in really nice shape, was from the 1961 set, the "Baseball Thrills" subset. From what I've seen on other blogs these are not the easiest cards to come across, so I was very happy to get this one.




4 comments:

  1. Gehrig and Ruth. That's a tough duo to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd gladly give the Farewell Speech a warm home inside of my Damaged Card PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd certainly pay a buck a piece for those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't think that you were gonna be getting those first couple for a quarter apiece.

    ReplyDelete