Thursday, February 10, 2022

Bobby Behnsch on baseball cards

First baseman Bobby Behnsch played in the Phillies organization in 1986 and 1987. In 163 games he hit .258 with 8 HR and 62 RBI. Now the baseball coach and football defensive coordinator at Brackenridge High School in San Antonio, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I used to collect cards as a kid, but stopped in middle school.  My favorite player was Pete Rose because of how hard he played the game.  Currently a high school baseball coach and these are the things I am trying to get my team to do...never take a play off!"


 

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine someone like Pet Rose appealing to today's kids too much. His mentality is pretty much the polar opposite of how the current generation is being taught.

    ReplyDelete