Friday, September 27, 2019

Some rough but great 66's

I won an ebay auction for 130 rough-shape 1966 Topps cards for $36 including shipping and tax. Some big names in this set made it worth a quarter a card. I ended up needing 85 of them, as I am still pretty low on '66s.

Here are some of the big, but not biggest names, in the lot. Some of these I had already, they are open for trade - Hunter, Allen, the two Floods, the Koufax league leaders. Open up the image to get a better idea of condition, though if I have a better conditioned version I might make it available. (In case it is not clear from the photo, the Koufax card has had the top left corner cut off.)
 Every single checklist - kind of cool.
 Some of the Yankees in the set. I think I had a couple of these already too.
 Here are the two biggest cards. I'm OK with the condition on these for a quarter for set fillers. The crease across Mays's face bothers me more than the missing corner on the Rose, but I'm not planning to actively chase upgrades on these.
 This, however, is a card I would like to upgrade. Looks like they can be gotten for a couple of bucks online with patience. It is so goofy that it is kind of fun.
 Speaking of goofy, I already had the "corrected" version of this card, but now I also have the original, "fly open" version of the '66 Don Landrum.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure what's going on with that Ford... but it's unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty cool to think that 50 years ago some kid was marking off those checklists. Nice pickups, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever decide to trade that Whitey Ford, you can color me interested :)

    ReplyDelete