Monday, September 16, 2019

Scott Crawford trade part II: The Vintage

Scott also knocked off several dozen vintage needs, mostly from 1966, 1968 and 1969 Topps.
 There were some big names in there. The trade took a few months to develop, so I forgot about a lot of the cards that were coming to me. The '70 Rose, for example, was a big surprise though I guess I knew at some point.
 These were the two biggest names, however. These are from the 1968 Topps Game set. My first 1960s card of Hank Aaron, and my first-ever playing-days card of Willie Mays!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like it was massive trade, the kind that isn't often seen on the blogs (at least not anymore). Love the Topps Game, you got yourself two of the better cards to get in that set. The '71 Billy Williams sure is sharp looking as well, literally and figuratively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 68T Game cards are awesome! Hard to believe they only made Aaron only a single in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way... I received the cards and wrote up a post yesterday:

      http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2019/09/canine-card-collection.html

      I'll hit you back eventually... hopefully before the holidays.

      Delete