Tuesday, January 12, 2010

John D'Acquisto on Baseball Cards

John D'Acquisto pitched ten years in the major leagues from 1973 to 1982. In 1974, he was the National League Rookie Pitcher of the Year. Since his retirement, he has been involved in a number of interesting ventures. He has a PhD in Exercise Science & Physiology from Rochville University and has worked and studied with the father of bio-mechanics, Dr. Gideon Ariel. He is currently Director of Research & Development at Sorganics, which creates environmentally friendly agriculture products, including GreenWave eco-friendly cleaning products. In addition, he runs JD Sports Consulting and Analysis, which provides injury prevention and bio-mechanics training to professional and amateur athletes. Also, he is an e-fitness consultant to RoughEdge Software. He kindly took the time out of his busy schedule to share his stories about cards.

"There are a couple of cards that are very unique... My 1977 St. Louis Cardinals card had to be hand painted over a San Francisco Giants picture because they didn't have any photos of me.

The second card was the Fleer card of me with the Oakland A's. I had not signed a contract yet with the A's and they took the picture which was later published by Fleer. At the time of the picture I was trying out for a spot on the A's and later signed my contract.
My favorite card is attached:
Yes I collect baseball cards."

Thanks!

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Great comments from Mr. D'Acquisto! His card was in the first pack of cards I ever bought.

    Also, he's had an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete