Friday, January 1, 2010

1984 Donruss

It took me a long time to "get" the popularity of 1984 Donruss. I'm still not impressed by the head shots, but I was taking another look at the cards from this set and I've got to admit that the action picture are really nice, especially for the time. They were much clearer or crisper than anyting Topps or Fleer had done to that time.

Dave Righetti

Dave Hostetler

Mike Jeffcoat

Roy Smalley

And Roy is excited about the big news of the new year:

The Baseball Card Blog is back!

2 comments:

  1. I am one of those people that loves 1984 Donruss. It is just such a clean looking set. I gotta admit a lot of it had to do with being a kid at the time and having a tough time even finding packs of these.

    I've got an unopened box of it but it's 3000 miles away from me in my parent's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking at the back of the card, I do miss some of the features of the 1984 Donruss era that I don't recall seeing on cards nowdays.

    1) full names including middle name, not just their first name (or nickname) and last name.

    2) the details of the trade - cards nowdays just say "acquired via trade, xx-xx-xx" but don't go into detail the principals of the trade like which players were involved and the other team(s) involved.

    ReplyDelete