Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crime Dog can fetch

In my trade with SpastikMooss I wrote about it the other day, I got more McGriffs than just the dozen 1990 Donruss's, as he has more cards of him than probably any other collector, and so has a lot of doubles to get rid of. The nicest one in my opinion is this 1996 Upper Deck card.

The back, with the old-technology cordless phone, is definitely fun.


But the front has a really awesome action shot, showing McGriff stretching out all six feet, three inches behind the base line to corral an errant throw, easily beating the admittedly slow-footed Todd Zeile.

Not a lot of cards show plays at first base, especially a difficult one like this.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo great McGriff card, definitely one of my favorites. Epic on the front, hilarious on the back. On a side note, I may one day collect cordless phone cards, because I've seen so many of them on people's blogs and they never get old to me haha.

    ReplyDelete