Sunday, January 24, 2010

Contest winnings from Cards on Cards

I recently won part of the Cards on Cards bowl games contest, and got my winnings this weekend.

Part of the winnings were a bunch of packs of "junk wax" - four 1991 Ultras, a jumbo pack of 1990 Fleer, two packs of 1989 Topps, and one pack each of 1988 and 1989 Donruss. I still have a lot of needs for 1991 Ultra so I was glad to get a lot of packs of that set, same thing with 1990 Fleer. I was pleasantly surprised that there was a card in 1989 Donruss I didn't already have, I now just 11 left in that set. 1988 Donruss and 1989 Topps I already completed but I couldn't resist opening those packs just for fun. Anyway, if you have any needs for those sets check out the tradelist on the top right of this page. (SpastikMooss I already checked your 89 Topps list, no luck.

There was also an awesome stack of recent Yankees cards, which was awesome because I needed almost all of them.

Believe it or not, this Swisher is my first 2009 Upper Deck card - just hadn't gotten any up until that point. Honestly, it's not my favorite card design.

I think the 1999 Ultras are just a great set - this David Wells card is just fantastic. There was one that was even better, but that's going to get a separate post of its own.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards. I stumbled into about a half a box of the Ultra packs at 10 cents a piece, so I've been passing them out to people through trades at random.

    ReplyDelete