Friday, January 22, 2010

Big Box of Fun from Dinged Corners

Recently, Dinged Corners announced that they had too many cards and needed to get rid of some. Naturally, I jumped at the chance to get some - I just love random assortments of baseball cards! And this was truly random, with lots of cards from the eighties, nineties, and aughts and lots of sets I had never seen before, like a Pacific card of Brian Jordan with a see-through window. It's a little hard to see in the picture so I put it on top of some of the other cards so you can see where the window is:

There was also an unopened pack from a fun set called "Baseball Inquirer."

The back has a quote by Pete Rose - "I'll bet my card's going to be worth a fortune!"

Well, I must be a rich man now because guess what was in the pack:

Well, according to Baseball-Cards.com, it's only worth $1.50. I guess Rose lost that bet.

There were far too many cards to show them all, so here are some cards that best capture my mood on opening this box, plus one of the greatest hats in baseball card history.

1 comment: