Thursday, July 15, 2021

Yankees stickers

 I don't actively try to get stickers for my 1980s Topps stickerbooks. I got them just to put in all the stickers I'd accumulated over the years. However, I picked up the 12 Yankee stickers from the 1981 book for $1.20 and was glad I did.

Eight team stickers, plus four four the league leaders pages. I already had Guidry, so he's available if someone is working on an '81 book or has a Guidry PC.

Here's the completed team page, I think it looks great. Notable here is new acquisition Dave Winfield. I think it is an airbrushed hat, if it is then it is much better than usual Topps airbrushing.

The seller even threw in a bonus sticker, a shiny Winfield from 1982.





2 comments:

  1. Love the '81 and '82 Topps stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always assumed that the 1982 Topps Sticker set was the first one I collected, because I totally remember the Gary Carter sticker album. But seeing that Yankees page (which is loaded with big names) has me thinking that maybe I collected the 1981 set too.

    ReplyDelete