Sunday, July 18, 2021

Matt Young on baseball cards

Outfielder Matt Young played nine seasons of professional baseball, including stints in the major leagues with the Braves in 2011 and Tigers in 2012. In 25 major league games he hit .190 with 0 HR and 2 RBI. In 1,020 minor league games he hit .280 with 26 HR, 340 RBI and 209 SB. Now a hitting coach for the Dunedin Blue Jays, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I think my favorite card is the 1st bowman card I had as a minor leaguer. Old school look and something my Dad got in a pack. I do collect, but i shoot for basketball. I’m a huge Mavericks fan so Dirk and Luka are the guys I like to collect. I also try to complete sets. I just pick a set that is reasonably priced and try to get all the base cards and work from there."


 

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. "I shoot for basketball."

    I see what you did there, Matty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like he's one of those guys where it's hard to tell if his game didn't translate to the bigs, or if he just didn't get enough opportunities to show what he might be able to do.

    ReplyDelete