Sunday, July 18, 2021

Vintage mix from Night Owl

 Reading the blogs today, it seems that Penny Sleeves and Night Owl both have birthdays today. Two great bloggers born on one day (though not the same year). They are also two of several bloggers I've been saving cards for to send out soon, but Night Owl already sent me his return package, a nice mix of fifties, sixties and seventies vintage.

'76 is my favorite hostess set due to the bicentennial design. And though neither are in the Hall of Fame, Munson and Rose are two of the biggest names in this era, bigger than many Hall of Famers.

I may have all the '67 checklists now, I'll have to check. A couple of nice 1970 cards too.
The centerpiece of the trade was these two beautiful '56s. I especially love the view of Yankee Stadium and the Bronx Courthouse on Ray Narleski's card.
If you like "art on the back", these two are surefire winners, especially the Sullivan.


4 comments:

  1. As far as the birthdays go, Night Owl is a day ahead of me.

    Are you working on the '76 Hostess set too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night Owl hooked you up with some nice stuff. The 76 Hostess design stands out compared to the other 70's Hostess cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got my last two '56 extras. ... Still have a few '76 Hostess extras.

    ReplyDelete