Sunday, January 13, 2019

Street trade: Hall-of-Fame swap

I mentioned in the big-box post that I most of the cards photographed were available to trade. So far no one has hit me up on that offer, but if you saw something you liked let me know! (And if you know anybody in the market for gently (or not so gently) used early 70s, cards, let me know too.) One card that is no longer available is the duplicate '72 Ferguson Jenkins. I knew Al had a '71 Hoyt Wilhelm in his Cubs stack (he has stacks of star cards from some of the more popular teams - Cubs, Dodgers, Red Sox, Phillies) he might get asked about by a passerby. I also had several Mets and Yankees from the box. I noticed a '76 Jerry Koosman I needed in a Mets stack and he added that as well.
 I missed out on the Wilhelm in Night Owl's recent contest, but I'm glad to have gotten another one pretty quickly and easily.

I also picked out a few modern cards. The Van Slyke O-Pee-Chee and Sheffield Topps Gold cards turned out to be dupes, everything else I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment