Friday, January 4, 2019

My first in-person blogger trade

When I posted about acquiring a near-complete (missing one card) 1977 set, reader gmixo reached out to me to offer the one I was missing in a trade. When we exchanged addresses, it turned out we were both in the NYC area and commute to the city for work. At that point we made it a much bigger trade (saves on shipping!) and met yesterday to exchange cards. He has just kicked off his own blog - Nine Pockets will update every Sunday.

Yesterday morning we met at 101 Park Avenue (the Clamp Building from Gremlins 2) and I traded him a bunch of 1978 Topps to kick off his set build, plus some cards for his PCs of Don Mattingly, Mike Pagliarulo, Howard Johnson and Ozzie Smith.

In return this is what I got:
Joy of a completed set - 1977 Topps!
 Some more vintage - a '64 Andre Rodgers and three '73 high numbers.
 A whole lot of modern cards that I needed.
 Finally, a near-complete 1997 Pinnacle X-Press set. Now this has become a set I need just one card of - #117 Nomar Garciaparra.


2 comments:

  1. Very cool that you were able to finish your '77 set and expand the trade in-person. I'll have to check out his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to help, Bo! The joy of completing a set never gets old, does it?

    ReplyDelete