Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Brayan Pena on baseball cards

Catcher Brayan Pena played twelve seasons in the major leagues for the Braves, Royals, Tigers, Reds and Cardinals. In 638 games he hit .259 with 23 HR and 164 RBI. Now the manager of the Tigers' Gulf Coast League team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My first baseball big league card was one of the proudest moments in my career, because I was thinking about showing it to my kids one day. Both of them are collecting cards and they have my cards in there. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
I'm not a big collector but I love to see my kids' card collections, they trade cards with their friends and I love that they have Chapman, Judge and Stanton cards."

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. If I could ever meet a Big League player, this is precisely what I would ask them about, too.

    My memory of Pena is that he was always basically popular with his compatriots around the game. Maybe he will get another card once again some day, as a Manager up at The Show.

    ReplyDelete