Thursday, January 3, 2019

Jeff Lyman on baseball cards

Jeff Lyman pitched seven years of professional baseball, mostly in the Braves organization. In 198 games he went 21-41 with a 4.80 ERA. Now the Vice President of RockFence Capital, which provides financial products to professional baseball players, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Growing up, my brother and I were avid card collectors and would go early to every Oakland A’s game possible to try and get autographs. Last year I went by my parents house and went through my old collection. Found signed Frank Thomas, McGwire, Giambi rookie cards that were tucked away in addition to complete sets of Topps from ‘84-‘89. I actually have never had any of my own cards but I think some are still out there on eBay so I may have to get one to prove to my daughter someday that I used to be somewhat athletic!"
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment