Thursday, January 10, 2019

Chris Singleton on baseball cards

Outfielder Chris Singleton was drafted by the Cubs in the 19th round in 2017. In two seasons he has hit .222 with 6 HR, 44 RBI and 23 SB. Singleton, who lost his mother in the 2015 Mother Emanuel AME Church shooting in Charleston, is also an inspirational speaker with the message "Love Over Hate".  He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players? 
 I’ve got a coach that collects them but other than that don’t know any other people.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? 
  -I just got done signing about 3000 cards for Topps so I guess that card for myself is pretty cool.
- Do you collect baseball cards?
 -I personally don’t collect baseball cards. I just keep one of my teammates cards from each team every year.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment