Monday, December 31, 2018

Wallet Card with a ghost sign close to home

Anyone reading this blog knows that I love ghost signs - old painted signs for businesses that are long gone. Most of the ones I have posted are in New York City but occasionally i find one on Long Island. I have lived in my current house in Oceanside for almost exactly four years now, but I didn't realize there was one just two blocks from my house until very recently. It is on the side of a bank of stores on an otherwise-residential street that I never had a reason to go down. It appears that the location of what is now a window/glass business at one time was a hardware store or something else that sold grass seed. You can still see the sign pretty clearly - Wonderlawn Grass Seed.
It was very cool to find this sign so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment