Sunday, December 23, 2018

Spirit of '76

I was born year after the bicentennial, and will be 99 when the tricentennial rolls around. I've always been just a little bitter about that. I wonder why Topps didn't go for a bicentennial design that year, like Hostess did?

I'm still far enough from completion that I tried one more lot at a good price. I got some cards I needed, including a few pretty big names, and most of the cards were not in too rough of a shape. Out of about 125 cards, there were 24 I needed:
So about 100 more dupes to trade. Maybe someone is working on the '76 set and isn't too condition-conscious?

Only one of the cards was written on this time around. Whoever got a hold of Marty Pattin's card was a lot more vulgar than Steve Maynard (from yesterday's post). Avert your eyes if you're sensitive.


2 comments:

  1. Love... love... love the 1976 Topps Sporting News All-Time All-Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch...what did Marty Pattin do to anyone?

    ReplyDelete