Friday, December 14, 2018

1967-1981, 25 years of Topps

Pretty catchy title? That was the listing for an eBay lot that caught my eye. With the 10% off it came out to 400 cards for under $40. Sure, I don't need the 77-81s but those cards were star- and Yankee-heavy so should be pretty easy to trade to bloggers or Al. Let's see what was in the box, both the keepers and the trade piles for each year. Lots to trade here (preferably for other vintage).

'67s to keep. Always love getting cards from this set.
 Lots of '67s to trade.
 68s to keep. Very checklist heavy.
 68s to trade.
 69s to keep. More checklists.
 69s to trade.
 70 to keep. That Rod Carew card was what convinced me to buy the set.
 1970 to trade.
 1971 to keep.
 '71s to trade. The Cookie Rojas double-play card is a blogger favorite. Also check out the Jim Palmer card.
 '72s to keep. The listing had photos of some of the cards but not all of them. I was guessing that it would have more of the later cards but there were actually more '72s than anything else, which was great for me. I knew about the Bob Gibson and Tony Larussa but not the Yaz in Action or some of the other big cards.
 Lots of '72s to trade as well.
 '73 keepers. Young HOFer Bert Blyleven. Mel Stottlemyre is one of a few semi-high-numbers.
 '73s to trade.
 Tough to find new ones for '74, but I managed to get three. I haven't updated the wantlist yet but this gets me a little closer to the 600 mark.
 Lots of '74s to trade.
 Two '75s I needed, creeps me closer to 625 on this set.
 Lots of those colorful '75s to trade.
 I was also pleasantly surprised by the '76's I got. I knew about the Randolph rookie but not the Winfield or the Seaver. I think now the biggest cards I have left to need for this set are Schmidt, Brett and the Guidry rookie.
 '76s to trade. First of several Steve Carlton's you'll see here.
 From here on out it's all trade piles. These are '77s.
 These '78s might not last long but if you need a particular card here let me know.
 A few '79s.
 7 '80s, each one a big star.
 Finally, a handful of '81s.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of cool stuff here. Sounds like you got a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less than 10 cents a card... on eBay? That was a crazy good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://bvayamsate.blogspot.com/2018/12/beberapa-ayam-favorit-yang-amat.html/

    ReplyDelete