Monday, December 10, 2018

Rich Nye on baseball cards

Rich Nye pitched for the Cubs, Cardinals and Expos from 1966 to 1970. In 113 games he went 26-31 with a 3.71 ERA. After his career, he became a veterinarian, specializing in avian medicine, and is former President of the Association of Avian Veterinarians. He is currently on staff at the Ness Exotic Wellness Center in Lisle, IL. He is also an artist; his turned wood creations can be found at Nyewoodturning on Etsy.com. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite card is one that says I was a first round draft choice of the Cubs in 1966, actually in the 17th round, #232 I think, and after only 102 minor league innings I was pitching in Comiskey Park.  So, wrong and wrong😇.


 I’m not a collector of cards but do have some memorabilia related to baseball and my career—balls, bats, pics, jerseys.  So many people I’ve met had collections as kids and they were tossed when they went off to school as having no value."
Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Two errors on one card? Yikes. I suppose can understand Topps' researchers getting draft info wrong (long before the internet) but how did they get the ballpark wrong? lol.

    ReplyDelete