Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rob Taylor on baseball cards

Rob Taylor pitched seven seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Giants organization. He went 35-25 with 65 saves and a 3.80 ERA. Now Vice President & Senior Loan Officer at Universal Mortgage & Finance in Edgewater, MD, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?   
No not really. They never really gave us notice when the card companies we going to show up so we really didn’t have time to put any thought into how we were going to pose for the picture. Of course there were a few times when management put the NO FUN RULE into effect and when that happens all you get are the boring poses we all hate. I do still have the original check Topps gave us when they took my first picture.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? I had a few Nolan Ryan cards but none I can really say were a favorite. 
 
- Do you collect baseball cards? I did as a kid but haven’t in a number of years. I probably have a number of cards boxed up somewhere.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment