Saturday, August 17, 2013

Photographer Brad Newton on baseball cards

Brad Newton is a photographer based in Dallas. He was the Texas Rangers team photographer for 27 years, and his photos appeared in cards from many sets including Donruss and Fleer. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Favorite that I shot? Carew 1983 Fleer # 81. Favorite card? 1961 Lindy shows Larry. Anything of Don Mossi or Willie Tasby. 1957 Ernie Banks. I haven't collected for many years. The whole business stinks. It's all about the collector and not the fan. Kids can't afford them. Glad it wasn't that way when I collected. I don't have any stories about cards I shot. I did a lot of covers for Beckett way back. I did get Wade Boggs to pose with a rubber chicken once..."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment