Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Player Profile: Eric Bates

I have one card of Eric Bates, from 1989 ProCards.

Playing career: Eric Bates pitched in 24 games, all in relief, for the Billings Mustangs of the Reds organization in 1989. He went 4-2 with a save and a 3.68 ERA.

Where he is now: A Vice President of Investments at Stifel in Lincoln, CA.

My memories: Only know him from his card.

Google Autocomplete results: He is first when you type Eric Bat, ahead of Eric Batscha, Business Development Director at AppNexus. There are no mentions of the ballplayer on the first page when you google Eric Bates; the first is for a juggler.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Fletcher Bates.

3 comments:

  1. It was a tremendous honor to play professional baseball for the Reds...I filled many roles for the Reds (long man, set up man, closer, and I would have been a starter but my start against the Dodgers in Pocatello was rained out)...I had big dreams to make it to the Big Leagues, but unfortunately got hurt before I could get there...I am still a huge baseball fan and am a 27 year financial advisor with Rubicon Advisors in Roseville, CA...if you have any questions that you would like to ask me, feel free to send them to me at ebates1219@icloud.com...go Reds

    ReplyDelete
  2. One tidbit that might be of interest is that my start against the Dodgers in Pocatello was rained out (ugh), otherwise you could have included starter to my roles with the Reds...I filled every role that the Reds wanted me to (long man, set up man, closer, etc)...It was a tremendous honor to play professional baseball, and getting hurt was a crushing blow to my life long dream...I am still a huge baseball fan and am a 27 year financial advisor in business for myself with a group called Rubicon Advisors in Roseville, CA...if you have any questions that you want to ask me, feel free to contact me at ebates1219@icloud.com...go Reds

    ReplyDelete
  3. One tidbit that might be of interest is that my start against the Dodgers in Pocatello was rained out (ugh), otherwise you could have included starter to my roles with the Reds...I filled every role that the Reds wanted me to (long man, set up man, closer, etc)...It was a tremendous honor to play professional baseball, and getting hurt was a crushing blow to my life long dream...I am still a huge baseball fan and am a 27 year financial advisor in business for myself with a group called Rubicon Advisors in Roseville, CA...if you have any questions that you want to ask me, feel free to contact me at ebates1219@icloud.com...go Reds

    ReplyDelete