Monday, January 15, 2024

OBC/TCDB roundup

 Here is what I've gotten from OBC, plus a couple of TCDB trades, in the new year.

Brian Lindholme sent three great cards, highlighted by a great Tony Kubek card.

Most OBCers don't care about condition, which is great for me, but a few seem to have lots of really well-kept cards to trade. This is the second time I've gotten nearly pack-fresh 1958s from Larry Leonard.
Chuck Salek sent three of the best-conditioned 1965s I've seen yet.

Greg Henthorn sent a bunch of terrific football cards. The 1973 Namath with the JOE hat is terrific, but as an alum of Hofstra University, where the Jets used to train, I like the '72 with a school building in the background even better. I'm a Giants fan, not a Jets fan, so I also really like the action photos of Norm Snead and Jim Files in the 73's.
Jennifer Roach sent two '68 high numbers and eight 1957 cards. I rarely get that many 1957s at one time.
Three 1959s from Brandon Miller, in exchange for a '59 Larry Doby.
Finally Jbeiermann sent this Emmitt Smith rookie that was needed for an old interview post.


 

3 comments:

  1. Never took the time to really look at Joe's beanie. Always assumed it said Jets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lady collector of old baseball cards? That's a bit different.

    ReplyDelete