Sunday, January 28, 2024

Latest vintage star pickups

I was out of town for work for a few days, and came home to a lot of cards, mostly ones I needed but there is some trade bait sprinkled throughout.

This included two Greg Morris packages.. I'm getting pretty good at getting some star cards at decent prices in a not-too-large lot. My first two '59 Fleer Ted Williams cards are a highlight here, as well as All Star cards of both of the Robinsons.

The Robinsons strike again here, plus a Joe Morgan rookie.
These were the other cards that came in while I was away. I managed to win two '56 Whitey Fords from the same seller. The trimmed one is available for trade. So is the Dodgers Big Three, which was in a '63 lot with Aparicio and Tresh. There was also a '63 commons lot I picked up, where I needed about half the cards. The Mantle Topps game card is another highlight. I don't mind the rip because you couldn't really see the Yankee logo in the photo anyway.
Here's a great Yankee card.
I've been wanting to add an OJ Simpson card to my small vintage football collection. Just a macabre fascination, I guess.
Always happy to add an affordable Koufax . . .
. . . or Clemente.

This was a small lot of '70 Topps booklets. I only needed Reggie and Rose, the rest are available for trade. I'm down to just four needs, all HOFers, to complete the set.
Stan Musial was a longtime Topps holdout but finally relented at the end of '58. Not enough time for him to get a base card, so this was his first Topps card.
This was by far the coolest card that came in recently. 1941 Play Ball Bill Dickey! This was one of the cards I had a Dover reprint of as a kid. It's trimmed, inexpertly so, and stained, but still in quite good shape. $16 shipped was a really good price for this one.

 

5 comments:

  1. How much do you think think the Whitey Ford's worth? I'm interested.

    If you don't know me, check out my bkog:
    doncardwelllovesthisblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't access your email account. Could you please shoot me an email?

    dominic.jimenez.48.71@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really big names in this run of purchases. Congratulations Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the '62 Brooks and '59 Frank Robinson. I've got the former, and hope to own a copy of the latter someday. And I think most folks who buy an O.J. do so for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete