Sunday, January 14, 2024

Caught Somewhere in Time

Here's my latest Time Travel "Trade" with Diamond Jesters. "Trade" because I haven't sent anything back for it.

Much of what I picked this time was football. I like the two 1985 inserts, one showing John Riggins running with the ball, the next showing him getting obliterated by LT.

One modern baseball card, a great photo of Mark McGwire on one of my last needs for the 1996 UD set.
After deliberating for a few days, I decided I really should try to snag the 1953 Preacher Roe that was available. It's a '53 high number, double-printed but still not a card that it's easy to come across. I didn't have anything that old to trade, so I ordered one on eBay. That was on December 30th - it's now January 14 and still no idea when the card will come, it's hung up in postal who-knows-what. I've got the rest of Matt's cards packed and ready to go, just waiting for this delinquent. 

Meanwhile, I've already got my end of the deal, this really nice card of a guy in the middle of an incredible 44-8 run from 1951-1953.


 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. 44-8? That's a pretty insane run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be the first instance where someone went out and bought a card specifically to trade with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never see the last name of Farr without thinking of Jamie.

    ReplyDelete