Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Repeat winner

I won a couple of Johnny's Trading Spot daily contests last week and got my two great Yankee-filled PWEs.

Some 2023 Topps Heritage. Gleyber is my favorite here. I'd never heard of Rafael Ortega - turns out he was cut by the Yankees in spring training, never played a regular season game for the team, so that's a zero-year card. The other Gerrit Cole card was designed by some DJ who is apparently best known for throwing cakes, and the design is supposed to look like a cake.

Both PWEs had '23 Bowmans of Cole and Stanton. I imagine the extras will go quick on TCDB, as bloggers are unlikely to be interested in them.
These are not duplicates, however. These are four different 2018 Topps Tek designs for Giancarlo Stanton.
Also four for Andy Pettitte. I believe there were only four base designs that year, unlike some other years where there were dozens. They certainly look great in the light.

 


4 comments:

  1. Sorry about duping you up with the Bowman, my bad. As for the Tek, there are tons of parallels in that year too, but there are 5 main or base designs. The Petitte is only showing 3 of the base and 1 parallel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Topps didn't end up going crazy and creating 90 different patterns like they did in the 90's. 5 is much more reasonable to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cake throwing DJ gets to design his own set now? Huh... strange times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff from Johnny as usual! Ortega was a Cub for a year or so...so that's where he went.

    ReplyDelete