Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Four in one

Nice mailday yesterday - four PWEs from TCDB trades.

Yet another trade with calangels, better known in these parts as the author of The Angels, In Order. That's three this month, and #4 is already in the mail. Tom has a lot of Fleer Star Stickers and I went with a few of those this time. It's nice to still be able to get new-to-me cards of lesser-remembered players like Alvin Davis.

CH34 is a Jason Giambi collector. As a Yankee fan I had a few he needed. Giambi hit the only walkoff HR I've seen in person. I am really liking the Topps Heritage flashback sets with some fun vintage photos, baseball and otherwise. The Evel Knievel card references his Las Vegas jump on New Year's Eve, 1967. The photo didn't look anything like Las Vegas. Turns out it's San Francisco, a month earlier. Looks like Topps colorized a black and white photo, too.
Got a nice variety of cards from heattreat. Some are for setbuilds, while others are fun or interesting photos.
Finally, another trade with Cmm75 who sent me that big lot of 1984 Fleer Update recently. Two more from that set in this trade, including another Alvin Davis sighting. His rookie card may have the most interesting photo in the set.

 

3 comments:

  1. That's the best looking Joe Morgan A's card I've seen. I knew about his 1985 A's cards... and his 1984 Topps Traded, but don't recall seeing his 84FU card. It's a beaut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if there'd be a market for it but, Topps probably could've (or still could) done an entire Flashbacks-esque set.

    ReplyDelete