Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Heavenly cards from The Angels, In Order

I got a very nice PWE with The Angels, In Order (technically a TCDB trade, I suppose, but a blogger trade at heart).

Starting off with this fantastic vintage photo of Alex Johnson. It's got everything - bat rack, dugout, crate under the bench, trainer adjusting towels. Oh, and the reigning AL batting champ.

Some more vintage with two '62 Posts. The coloring in the photos is so different that it's hard to believe they are wearing the same hat.
On to some more modern cards with some fantastic 1998 Metal cards. These all appear to be the kinds of Southern California locations that GCRL writes about camping in. I realized that there are also football and basketball sets - I'm not going to collect the whole sets but put the four NY teams on my TCDB wantlist for their great NY skyline shots. (The TCDB scans are so murky that it was hard to tell what was going on in the NJ Nets photos but I put them on anyway.) The one I'd like most is Wayne Chrebet, which instead of an overhead skyline actually has a street-level shot (appears to be 39th & Lexington).
Finally, three modern Topps set needs. Nice photo of an all-time great, and two veterans at the end of their careers in unfamiliar uniforms. Starting and ending this post with a Johnson.


3 comments: