Sunday, June 25, 2023

1976 SSPC Rod Gilbreath

 

The card, in brief: Not a whole lot remarkable about the card, but it's always nice seeing all those fans in the background. The 23-year-old Gilbreath does look very young here.

Playing career, in brief: Infielder Rod Gilbreath played in parts of seven seasons for the Braves. In 500 games, he hit .248 with 14 HR and 125 RBI. He led the NL in sacrifice hits in 1976 with 20.

Post career, in brief: After two seasons in the Pirates organization, he returned to the Braves organization in 1981, spending time as an executive, minor league manager, and has been a long-time scout for the club.

My collection: I have nine of his cards, from 1974 to 1979. I would be interested in trading for 1987 ProCards #2603.

1 comment:

  1. It would probably be considered sacrilege to some to hear me say it, but I really don't like the Braves uniforms from that era.

    ReplyDelete